Our hearts and prayers go out to all those who have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
As You may know, Governor Northam has suspended the operation of all non essential businesses in Virginia for at least 30 days. As of now, we are still operating normally. Moving is an essential service to the public, and we will remain open with no changes to your scheduled move.
Thankfully, to date, no one in our company has tested positive for COVID-19 or knows anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. As long as this remains true, we do not foresee any delays with your move. As a precaution, employees who appear to have cold or flu symptoms will not be permitted to work until they are tested and cleared.
While moving furniture the men will NOT be able to wear disposable gloves or masks as this may be a hazard to them while carrying large furniture and performing rigorous labor. However, at your request, the crew would be happy to wash their hands upon arriving at each home. We have also instructed our crews to practice good hygiene, more so than ever, by following these guidelines:
- NOT SHAKING HANDS
- FREQUENT HAND WASHING
- FREQUENT HAND SANITATION
- AVOID TOUCHING HIGH TRAFFIC SURFACES SUCH AS DOOR KNOBS AND HAND RAILS
- DO NOT SHARE FOOD
- AVOID TOUCHING THE FACE
- COVER COUGHS AND SNEEZES
- STAY HOME WHEN FEELING SICK
- DAILY SANITATION OF MOVING TRUCKS
Some extra tips for the customer:
1.You will be asked to sign a contract at the beginning and end of the job. You are welcome to review those terms on the policies page of our website in advance so you do not have to spend too much time with the paperwork. You may also consider having your own pen and gloves available just as an extra precaution.
2. Make sure all personal items are packed up and ready to go. This will speed up the moving process and prevent any physical contact with your personal items.
3. Label boxes, totes, and bags for the appropriate rooms. Label any furniture that might be going to a different part of the home than where it was located in the old home.
4. Practice social distancing by maintaining a 6 foot distance between you and the crew members whenever possible.
5. Try to arrange for children and at risk family members to be at a separate location during the move. Otherwise, try to isolate them in a separate area of the house until the move is complete.
6. If you or any of your family members may be sick or exposed to the virus, please let us know and we would be happy to reschedule your move.
We appreciate your business and will do everything we can to move you safely and efficiently during this very difficult time.
We look forward to serving you, and take care!
AMERICAN MOVING COMPANY