2 Months Out
- Sort your closets, drawers, cabinets, or any areas that cause concern.
Analyze what items can be thrown away or donated.
- Analyze what items can be thrown away or donated.
- Reserve transportation (moving truck or portable container).
- Book loading and unloading help.
- Take pictures of your home to identify what goes where and how you styled your shelves, nightstands. counter space, etc.
6 Weeks Out
- Notify Current services that you will be moving and start to obtain important documents.
- Schools, banks, doctors, and pharmacies
- Arrange additional help with pet care, childcare, or general manpower.
- Create a specific game plan for the next six weeks.
1 Month Out
- Purchase boxes, tape, and other important moving necessities.
- Contact current services to cancel:
- Contact these same services in your new area to start upon moving in.
1 Week Out
- Pack, pack, and pack.
- Label your boxes.
- Contact a locksmith to make an appointment for move-in day at your new place.
- Create a moving day survival kit.
- Forward your mailing address.
- Keep packing!
On Moving Day
- Do a final walkthrough to make sure you have everything!
- Inform your movers of any special instructions or general information.
- Pay your movers.
- Don't forget your pre-packed moving day survival guide for all of the day's essentials!
After the Move
- Unpack and get organized
- Confirm your new address with:
- Leave a review for your movers.